Thursday, January 20, 2011

Motivation to exercise

What's your motivation? Is it health, family, kids, a little friendly (or not so friendly) competition with a friend? Maybe it's the perfect Little Black Dress. Whatever your motivation, if you've found it, hold onto it tightly.

Why can't I motivate? Too much going on maybe? I have lots of excuses, I know. And they don't help for sure. even without them motivation is elusive. Am I waiting to finally have the perfect Girls that are my reward for surviving? A little competition for the belly? My health doesn't seem to be enough, my husband, my kids, me. Not enough and I don't get that at all.

I had the motivation before all of my health crap. The motivation last time was to prove my PC wrong about being diabetic. It worked. 28# down in 3 months.

It's been about 2 hours since I started this post and I now have a goal. The Carlsbad 5000, April 3rd, 2011. Last year I strolled it in 54:42. If I'm walking, 50:00 is the time to beat. If I jog/run it, 42:00 is the time. Motivation? Don't know yet. Need to find the mantra, the self-talk to inspire. Need another to kick me in the butt when I "don't wanna do it."

Any suggestions?

1 comment: